PESQUISAR ESTE BLOG

quarta-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2023

iGEO Alumni - Denis Urumov

Denis Urumov.
Team: Bulgaria 
Participating Year(s): 2022 Current position/affiliation: Student in 12th grade

The Meaning of Geography to Me
To me geography is not only a field of science, but also a passion. Ever since I was a small kid I loved mountains, nature trails and thoroughly looking at maps. Now geography helps me understand the world in a better way and explain to myself certain processes around me. Thanks to geography I met tons of intelligent people and created close friendships which I continue to cherish.  

Impact of iGeo Preparation on my Life
The preparation and participation in iGeo taught me many intriguing facts about our world, created friendships, connected me with many people who have similar interests and even taught me how to cook a french omelette thanks to the culture event which was organised. 

Ideas for Promoting Geography 
I wish geography could be promoted and reach as many people as possible, because a lot of students underestimate the subject. A good idea could be organising a geography festival or creating an account for iGeo in a social media and a huge group in Facebook where all participants and interested in the Olympiad can post.  

Suggestions for the iGeo 
It would be awesome if there is a way to include GIS-related questions and tasks in the future iGeo Olympiads.

Source: International Geography Olympiad.
12 August, 2022 

Nenhum comentário: